Congratulations on having your own, easy-to-use WordPress website! Much like having a child, the work has just begun, however.
A good website requires regular maintenance to keep it healthy and fresh. Content updates and additions are great for keeping your website relevant to your audience and favorable to search engines, and software updates can help keep the predators (hackers and bots) at bay. Lucky for you, beyond the office is here to help you keep your website in good health with our WordPress website maintenance packages.
Basic Backup & Update Package
At the very least, you need to have regular backups of your website to make sure that, in the unfortunate event your site is hacked or crashes, you can get it back online quickly and with minimal fuss.With this package, you get:
- Weekly Database backups – this will backup all of your content, comments, and settings – the meat of any WordPress website or blog
- Monthly full site backups – this will back up all of the files associated with your site, including themes, plugins, and any media (pics, videos, audio files, etc) that you have uploaded to your site.
- Monthly plugin update checks – your site will be checked monthly to see if any plugins need to be updated. A full site backup will be done before plugins are updated to help protect your site in the event of updates gone bad (it can happen!)
- WordPress core updates will be completed on your site within 2 business days – core updates for WordPress don’t happen often but when they do, it’s important to have your site updated as soon as possible for security reasons. Again, a full site backup will be done before your site is updated, to protect against unexpected update problems.
- All backups will be kept off-site for safe keeping. In the event of a website hack or crash, these backups will allow you to get your site up and running as quickly as possible.
- Check for broken links
Website Updating PackagesWhile I know that there are a lot of business owners that want to know how to update and maintain their website on their own, I know that there are also many who just don’t want to be bothered. This is a great option for those that just want it done for them. These website updating blocks allow you the comfort of knowing that you have time set aside with me to have your site updated, and the hours can be used over the course of 60 days. A great option for the budget-minded business owner. You have almost 2 whole months to use those hours. (Any hours not used at the end of the two month period will be forfeited.)